Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:22:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        Chris Csanady <cc@137.org>, tls@rek.tjls.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: many cheap PC164 boards -- gret for NetBSD (fwd)

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:03:30 -0500
>  Chris Csanady <cc@137.org> wrote:
>
>  > Actually, even on the later revision boards I think the PCI is broken with
>  > the LX.  I believe it was fixed on the miatas, but even the rev c alphapc's
>  > are still broke.
>
> According to my Pyxis manual, the AlphaPC 164LX contains the recommended
> workaround for the DMA prefetch bug.

Does the PC164 have this bug?  Is there a hardware or saftware
workaround, or does it cripple those boards for PCI?

>         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-alpha" in the body of the message

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).