Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:25:54 +0800
From:      "Chao Shin" <quakelee@geekcn.org>
To:        "Chao Shin" <quakelee@geekcn.org>, "Ken Smith" <kensmith@buffalo.edu>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 8.0-RC3 Available

在 Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:42:44 +0800,Chao Shin <quakelee@geekcn.org> 写道:

> Hi All,
>
> Is sysinstall can work now?
> After I set Label in sysinstall it has message come out said
> "Unable to find device node for /dev/ad4s1b in /dev!
> The creation of filesystems will be aborted."
> and installation aborted.
>
> I have installed freebsd with sysinstall ten years, that is first time I
> meet that

I found the reason of that. I've fdisk that disk with dd mode before, the
sysinstall can't overwrite the partition record, so can't label on it.
If I want to install 8.0-rc3 on that disk, I have to erase the partition
record with "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad4 bs=1M count=1" before
installation.

--
The Power to Serve