Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:46:53 +0100
From:      "Jorn Argelo" <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
To:        "Niels Piersma" <niels@piersma.com>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Asus P4P800 SE RAID1 on Intel ICH5 not working

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 09:50:05 +0100, Niels Piersma wrote
> Hi,
>
> I want to use the RAID1 on this ASUS mobo. I've configured it as
> RAID1 in the bios, but BSD53 just sees two discs and not a RAID1
> array. (ad4 and ad6). The drives are two identical Maxtor 80Gb SATA discs.

Are you sure that you actually made an RAID1 array using the BIOS of the RAID
controller itself?

Other then that, I am not sure if FreeBSD 5.3 is going to support your RAID
controller. Mine was never fully detected neither by BSD nor Linux (I have an
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe). If you array is not detected, then the odds are
relatively high that you will have to switch to FreeBSD 4.10, which has a
massive amount of support for several RAID- and SCSI controllers.

> Piersma.COM is een handelsnaam van Piersma Beheer B.V.

You might want to consider not writing anything in Dutch on a public mailing
list. Most folks won't understand it anyway ;).

Cheers,

Jorn.