Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 00:22:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Iozone: local vs nfs drives

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Michael Hancock wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>
> >  * Did you have tagged-command queuing enabled?  According to my tests,
> >  * that will make a BIG difference, if you have decent drives.
> >
> > I haven't seen tagged-queueing make much difference for reads.  These
> > are the kind of numbers we've seen before (off the top of my head):
> >
> >                 w/o tag   with tag
> >                  W    R    W   R
> > Quantum Atlas    6    7    6   7
> > Seagate 'Cuda    4    6    6   7
>
> I guess we haven't addressed the original question though.

	No, it doesn't,  but I think it might bring up another point...
is there a way of having tagged-command queueing enabled by default?  If
there is the potential to see such a boost in performance as has been
reported, at least in the 'write' department...is there a disadvantage
to it that hasn't been brought up?

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org