Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:35:43 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@mag.ucsd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux and freebsd kernels conceptually different?

In message <199906102125.OAA28416@mag.ucsd.edu> Bill Huey writes:
: Yeah, that's problematic and short sighted on their part. It's certainly
: not a question of expertise from what I've seen since there are very
: competent technical folks with strong acedemic CS backgrounds hanging
: out on the list. It seems like more of an implementation issues than
: and acedemic knowledge issue.
:
: I don't know what to think about this at this time, since I'm just
: now getting into understand the Linux source tree.

One reason that I stopped was that I couldn't keep up with
understanding the changes.  This means that all my time for learning
linux has been wasted because almost all of it is now obsolete, and
has been obsolete for a couple of years now.  Most of the time that
I've spent learning the BSD internals has paid off as it is still
current.

Warner