Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:18:18 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Chris Silva <ras@interaccess.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Diary

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 06:01:40AM -0500, Chris Silva wrote:
> I personally think, this really ought to have been kept in private.
> After all, that's what email is for...

I agree. The correct action when you see something like this and judge
it to be inappropriate, is to do NOTHING. Replying only prolongs the
stupidity, brings you down to their standards, and gives them the
thrill of recognition that was their original goal.

As you point out, private mail is the appropriate medium if a response
is really necessary. By the time a reply can reach the list, the unwise
poster has probably already tasted my scorn, or worse, my lectures.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-