Date:      Mon,  5 Oct 1998 14:23:57 -0800
From:      "Robert Wright."  <robert@pluris.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dissappearing boot files from fixit.flp

While preparing to repartition my disk I discovered a strange problem.

The /usr/mdec directory dissappears from the fixit floppy when I use it
after booting up on the boot floppy.

This makes it kind of tricky to do #disklabel -B wd0

When I boot from the hard disk and mount the fixit floppy the /usr/mdec
directory is there.

>From fixit.flp after booting on boot.flp

#ls /usr/mdec
ls: /usr/mdec: No such file or directory
#

Everything else that I expect to be able to see is still there. Only the
/usr/mdec directory is missing!

After booting from hard disk

#mount /dev/fd0 /mnt
#
# ls /mnt/usr/mdec
boot1           bootsd          fdboot          nb8390.rom      vnboot
boot2           bootvn          nb3c509.com     odboot          wdboot
bootfd          bootwd          nb3c509.rom     rawboot
bootod          fbsdboot.exe    nb8390.com      sdboot
#

These are the latest boot and fixit floppies from 2.2.7.

Any help appreciated!

Robert

Robert Wright                             Manager, Customer Engineering
Pluris, Inc                               Phone: (408) 863-9920 x 339
10455A Bandley Drive                      mailto:robert@pluris.com
Cupertino, CA 95014                       http://www.pluris.com/