Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:09:02 -0400
From:      Jim Trigg <jtrigg@spamcop.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lost portupgrade functionality building INDEX

While I understand the reasoning behind making portsdb -U use "make
index" behind the scenes, it kills a bit of functionality.  portsdb -U
no longer honors pkgtools.conf, so options set there will not be
reflected in the dependencies shown in INDEX.  If I knew ruby, I'd try
to write a new portsdb -U function, but I don't.  Is there any way we
can get this functionality back while maintaining compatibility with
make index in other ways?

Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-          /"\
                                                  \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN