Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2016 21:45:25 +0100
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyrus IMAP in a jail anyone?

Hi,

I'm facing a peculiar problem with two Cyrus instances both running
11.STABLE jails. Using the sync feature I am able to replicate the
mailboxes but syncing sieve scripts does not work:

On the sending side(sync_client):

<1482265840<NO System I/O error
sync_client[72614]: SIEVE received NO response: System I/O error
Error from do_user(tester): bailing out!
sync_client[72614]: Error in do_user(tester): bailing out!

and on the receiving end:

syncserver[39165]: IOERROR: creating directory /data: Permission denied

It occurs when the compiled sieve script attempts transfer.

Now, the only place where a "/data" exists is on the sending host
system, it is the root dir of the jails, so, is there any way that the
jailed Cyrus can learn this? Anyone succesfully running a similar conig
jailed?

And finally, how can I further debug this? Suggestions welcome!

Thanks!