Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:15:31 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        tomdean@ix.netcom.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bounced mail

> The message is:
>
> <<< 550 service unavailable; [207.93.148.150] blocked using \
>   dul.maps.vix.com

DUL == "Dial-up list", and it is a listing of IP addresses that is
designed to stop "direct injection" spam.

If you use your ISP's mailer as a "smarthost", you will avoid this
problem.

Thos of us in the anti-spam community think thsat this is a Good
Thing.

> I tried disconnecting from my ISP and redialing to change the IP. Same
> results.
>
> My ISP, netcom (now mindspring) has no idea.  Is FreeBSD blocking?

Yes, using a three-way co-operation - FreeBSD, MAPS/DUL and your ISP.

> in libdes, trying to install des.h from /usr/src/crypto, which
> does not exist.  The make world should not have effected the system.

Please cvsup crypto.

Mark Murray