Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 1999 11:10:35 +0000
From:      Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   jdb won't run?

Using jdk1.1.8_AOUT.V1999-11-9.tar.gz.

ben@heap:~/work2/cryptix-projects/tls/src$ uname -a
FreeBSD heap.ben.algroup.co.uk 2.2.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE #0:
Mon Nov 30 06:34:08 GMT 1998
jkh@time.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

ben@heap:~/work2/cryptix-projects/tls/src$ jdb
cryptix.tls.ssl3.SSLConnection localhost 4433
Class missing for error: java/lang/InternalError at
java.lang.System.initializeSystemClass(System.java)
Initializing jdb...
Internal exception:  java.io.IOException:
/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/bin/java_g: cannot execute
 at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java)
 at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java)
 at sun.tools.debug.RemoteAgent.<init>(RemoteAgent.java:131)
 at sun.tools.debug.RemoteDebugger.<init>(RemoteDebugger.java:62)
 at sun.tools.ttydebug.TTY.<init>(TTY.java:1448)
 at sun.tools.ttydebug.TTY.main(TTY.java:1621)

I can run java_g directly, and it works. What gives? This is driving me
nuts! Sorry, not subscribed to the list, so please copy me on replies.

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

     - Indira Gandhi