Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 18:02:12 -0400
From:      Jeff Jeter <gsfgf@softhome.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Windows Emulation

What do you LINUX mofos use wor win32 emulation.  In an ideal world i need to
be able to play DirectX / OpenGL games, Run grafx apps (Bryce / 3dsMAX
primarily, maybe Illustrator and Photoshop depending on what GIMP can do) and
be able to do it at reasonable speed (T-Bird 1200 / 768mb).  I know this is a
[I]long[/I] way off, but what can i do to come close to this.

I am using wine (reletively current, i'm gonna update after i finish this
post) w/ a win98 installation that i can leech DLLs off.  I currently can't
run either games or grafx apps.  When i run games i get a black screen  i
can't get rid of. (This makes me reboot, any tips for killing it.  I can get
to the Alt+Tab box, but i still can't get out of it).  3dsMAX just crashes in
the normal way.

What can i do to make wine work better or is there a better emulator? (i'll
pay if need be) :(