Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 23:16:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>, "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Your misleading, no, LYING message to me

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> I have to say that PHK has become the MASTER at pissing
> people off, ensuring that his opponent goes the deep end
> and  staying calm so the blame obviously does not fall on
> him. Got to admit his formula is very very nice 8)
>

> By a long shot the problem is NOT Karl. It takes at least
> TWO to engage in a combatitive conflict -- that is if
> you are not schizophreniac.
>
> The proper tactic to resolve the conflict should have
> been to wait a cool off period and then slug it off
> technically. Nevertheless, instead of waiting for
> Karl to cool off and attempt to ration with him ,
> it was much easier to drive him further down: hence
> thru censorship the "technical" argument was won
> with virtually no technical effort at all -- Like I said
> earlier very very nice tactic !

Amancio, you are making assumptions, ones that are completely incorrect
here.  Karl's frothing started with a lot of raging at Steve on the ports
list, and at the entire structure of ports.  Poul didn't get into it until
quite a bit later, and it was Karl who went after Poul, not vice
versa.   Poul reacted to someone accusing him of a complete lack of
integrity (with no more evidence than McCarthy had in the 50's) merely by
asking him to step back a little ways before he really annoyed folks.  I
wonder if I would react as well?

What's more, while you're right that Poul's sometimes been abrasive in the
past, his behaviour has been so above reproach here that I felt it
necessary to jump in, just to highlight the fact, and maybe to avoid
having people jump at the assumption you made (I referenced that directly
in my post).

I've never met Poul personally, but I *have* met Jonathan Bresler.  That
last post of Karl's, well, if that doesn't categorize him in your eyes,
then I guess nothing will.  Believe me, Amancio, Jonathan didn't deserve
that.

I think everyone really should let this darn thread die

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C & Java programming,
New Year's Resolution:  I  | electronics, communications, and
will not sphroxify gullible| signal processing.
people into looking up     | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
fictitious words in the    |      jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)|
dictionary.                |