Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:05:33 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <egrosbein@rdtc.ru>
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@buffalo.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FYI: 9.0-RELEASE announced...

13.01.2012 06:54, Ken Smith пишет:

> If you downloaded the amd64 and/or i386 DVD images before now you
> might want to check the checksums with the ones posted in the
> release announcement.  The fix to make sysinstall(8) happy about
> installing from the DVD images was the *only* change made to the
> updated images.  The "bad" images were never available via
> Bittorrent so if you got the images that way you wouldn't have
> a bad image.

I've just downloaded FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso using
official torrent tracker linked in original announcement.
I use "transmission" torrent client running under FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE.
MD5 of the resulting image does not match:

MD5 (FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso) = b23ef73412bd50ed62ef8613ca1a4199

I've removed the torrent and downloaded file and tried again,
got the same wrong MD5.

I've tried the image with VirtualBox, virtual machine starts and hangs hard
at "Checksum verification" stage.

Is it my local problem or Bittorrent's image is wrong?

Eugene Grosbein