Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:33:40 +0100
From:      Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
To:        Michael Clark <MClark@Nemschoff.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /dev/dsp: Device busy

On Saturday 24 January 2004 16:15, Michael Clark wrote:
> Do you have a onboard sound card as well as a pci sound card?
>
> I use to run into this when I forgot to disable my onboard sound in bios.

I don't think so.  It's a laptop (Toshiba), and I doubt they'd put a second
sound card in it.

I really don't think it's a hardware problem, since it sometimes works under
FreeBSD, and it always worked under Linux, without any problems.

I guess arts has something to do with it, because I use KDE now, and I didn't
use it with Linux.  However, as said, "lsof | grep dsp" yields no results.

GH