Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 14:01:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Report on DOSCMD

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> 1) Being able to run pcemu-like apps without booting.
> 2) Being able to run dosemu-like (32-bits) apps when booting.
> For VM86:
> 1) Being able to run Minix-386 under VM86 (it runs in protected mode).

[I'm assuming that last 1 is a 3]

  My own wish list is basically only one item -- running Watcom's compiler
and linker. It constantly annoys me to have to do things like makefiles in
DOS. (pipelines are a joke and that limit of 128 chars on a command line
is very disabling)
  If I can run BSD makefiles and unix utlilities such as cvs (for example)
and compile with Watcom, I will be a very happy camper.