Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 13:46:19 -0600
From:      "Jason Hudgins" <Hudginsj@smtp.dancooks.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   disklabel likes to move my partition..???

I have a single bsd partition on a single bsd hard drive...its
partition 0.

After running disklabel it changes the partition table..
It makes a little 24 meg partition on partition 3...and partition 0
now reads as unused..

here's my big ugly disklabel command line.

disklabel -R -B -b /mnt2/usr/mdec/wdboot -s /mnt2/usr/mdec/bootwd
wd0a /mnt2/stand/wd0label.asc wd21600

If I read the manpage correctly this should relabel the drive and
install the bootstrap code..using the geometry that I set up in
wd21600 and the saved ascii copy of the label data that I made
before I nuked the system.  Why does it change the partition table???

ARGGGghh =>
   Jason H.