Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:59:16 +0100 (MET)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@mep.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        ckelly@dnaent.com (Chuck Kelly)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape NFS File Locking Problem

> Currently, we use Sun Sparcstations running Solaris for our file
> servers. The users are all running FreeBSD and automounting their home
> directories from the Sun's.
>
> A problem is encountered with Netscape. The users can receive their mail
> just fine. However, when they try send send mail, the get an NFS file
> locking error.

That's interesting.
I have read several mails by people who get an 'Out of memory' message.
Also for me this message appeares when my home-dir is auto-mounted by amd
and while I'm running NIS/YP.
Your message seems to indicate the cause much better.

> Has anyone seen or resolved this problem?

seen yes, resolved no :-(

Robert

--
Robert Eckardt                \\ FreeBSD -- solutions for a large universe.(tm)
RobertE@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de \\       What do you want to boot tomorrow ?(tm)