Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 1995 10:45:08 +0900
From:      wada@ee.ibaraki.ac.jp (Wada, Tatsuaki)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Q] <generic.h> Again!

At  3:00 PM 95.11.22 -0500, Chuck Robey wrote:

>I checked, there is no generic.h.  Are you absolutely certain there
>SHOULD be one?  I have a complete FreeBSD system, running -current.

 I guess then FreeBSD does not have one, though I don't know why.
I've got the source of libg++2.6.2 and found a generic.h in it's src tree.
The follwoing is the part of its content.

        Copyright (C) 1988 Free Software Foundation
                written by Doug Lea (dl@rocky.oswego.edu)

        This file is part of the GNU C++ Library.  This library is free
        software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of
        the GNU Library General Public License as published by the Free
        Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your
        option) any later version.  This library is distributed in the hope
        that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the
        implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
        PURPOSE.  See the GNU Library General Public License for more details.
        You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public
        License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
        Foundation, 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
        */

        #ifndef generic_h
        #define generic_h 1

        #define name2(a,b) gEnErIc2(a,b)
        #define gEnErIc2(a,b) a ## b

        #define name3(a,b,c) gEnErIc3(a,b,c)
        #define gEnErIc3(a,b,c) a ## b ## c
          .
          .
          .
        #endif /* generic_h */

 I'd like to know how to install one. I want to use one.
I wonder whether FreeBSD includes the full functions of libg++ or not.
--
Tatsuaki Wada
       Dept. Electrical and Electronic Engineering