Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 14:48:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        gurney_j@efn.org (John-Mark Gurney)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: addition to ftp site

John-Mark Gurney writes:
> I was wondering if there is a index.html page in the works for
> /pub/FreeBSD?  I am wondering because I was browsing a Babylon-5 archive

It certainly has been thought of.  The other consideration is
that most people who could make use of an html index (as opposed
to plain text) are WWW enabled and they may as well be directed
at http://www.freebsd.org/ (and the "Where" page in particular)
where they can follow links to various point on the FTP server.
That said, I do think an index.html page on the ftp site itself
is worthwhile.

-john

=== jfieber@cs.smith.edu ========== Come up and be a kite!  --K. Bush ===