Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2001 16:30:29 -0700
From:      "Doug Wilson" <want_2_learn_freebsd@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   please help with pcmcia nic...

Hi list!

I bought a 3Com Megahertz Model 3CCFE575BT 10/100 Base-TX PCMCIA nic the
same day I bought the Power Pack.  Never have I got that stupid card to work
with FreeBSD!

It works with redhat linux, debian builds, and of course windows, but not
FreeBSD.

So I have two questions:

1) is there a way to get this card happy with FreeBSD, or...

2) what cards are supported by FreeBSD?  There is mention of a 3Com 3C589
card in (http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install-hw.html), but I've never
actually found that card on the open market.

When I was at the store, I was going to buy that card listed at the top, or
a Netgear.  But I remember someone saying how it is best to buy 3Com as they
are usually compatible.  Were they wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Doug.

Note: I have already asked this in "questions"