Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2001 18:18:18 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Moving mail

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

* Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com> [20010428 11:50]: writing on the =
subject 'Moving mail'
Odhiambo> URGENT! Script gurus.....
Odhiambo>=20
Odhiambo> I am trying out this from a file and it is failing me! I feel lik=
e crying
Odhiambo> but I am not a kid ;/
Odhiambo>=20
Odhiambo> #
Odhiambo> cd /var/spool/mail
Odhiambo> for i in 'ls -1' ; do
Odhiambo> formail -s sendmail -t $i@wananchi.com < /var/spool/mail/$i
Odhiambo> done
Odhiambo> #
Odhiambo>=20
Odhiambo> It tells me ambiguous redirect!!!! Why????

Sorry I am replying to my own mail again. A gentleman sorted out my
problem by pointing out that I should try `ls -1` which worked but I have
another issue.=20
I was to use this to re-inject the mails into sendmail to send out. I have
over 2000 users and they have enough mail. I actually tried this thing out
and sendmail hiccuped - too many files open. I am moving the users from a
Linux box running Sendmail as MTA to a FreeBSD box running Exim as MTA.
Is there a good way of handling this???

TIA

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Wananchi Online Ltd.,
wash@wananchi.com 1st Flr Loita Hse

Newlan's Truism:
	An "acceptable" level of unemployment means that the government
economist to whom it is acceptable still has a job.

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd--