Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:38:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Andreas Pleschutznig <andy@ple.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to get NIS beeing recon'ed?

Hi everybody,

this might seem as a stupid question, and I'm almost sure that this is not the
best forum, but then ...

I set up a NIS master server, and this is working. When I run the command 'ypcat
passwd' I get a listing of the currently acitive NIS user database as I should.
I get this listing on both, the server and the client. But now, since the
service seems to be up and the client is bound to the server: How can I make the
login and all the other processes recognize that there is something else other
than the passwd file. I tried to include a '+' entry into /etc/passwd and in
/etc/master.passwd but still I cannot login as one of the NIS users on the
client. Any hints?

--
Andreas Pleschutznig
Voice:	650.560.0142