Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 2009 02:10:45 +0000
From:      Alex Markelov <alex.markelov@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Follow-up on Teltonika ModemPCI/G10

Hi Guys!

I guess I have just answered the question myself. I decided to buy the
modem and try it. Guys in Teltonika told me that they haven't done any
FreeBSD testing since they have nobody to do this. But they have sent
me pdf with instruction how to setup the modem on Linux.

The modem is working, but it required a bit of a work :-). I added few
lines into /usr/src/sys/dev/puc/pucdata.c and recompiled kernel with
the following additional configuration lines after that:

device		puc
options 	COM_MULTIPORT

After reboot I had two new serial ports cuau0 and cuau1 and was able
to send an SMS message to my mobile phone.

The question is how would I go about submitting the lines to
developers, so they can review and hopefully commit it? :-)

I have posted details of how I made it work to my wiki http://markelov.org/wiki/index.php/Teltonika_ModemPCI/G10_under_FreeBSD

Hope it may help someone.

Regards,
Alex.