Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:47:10 +0100
From:      Simon Barner <barner@gmx.de>
To:        Beau Lewis <blewis@vfemail.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A master list

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

Beau Lewis wrote:
> Hello, do you have a "master list" of all of free bsd's ports. I would
> like to know some of them but I don't know what is available. If you
> would please send ma a master list or give me a link to a master list
> please let me know

If you already have a FreeBSD installation, you can search the ports
collection:

cd /usr/ports
make search name=foo    # matches package name
make search key=bar     # matches package description

A very nice web-based tool is
http://www.freshports.org/search.php

And finally, to browse the ports collection by category, please go to
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/

HTH,
 Simon

P.S.: I just noticed: A shorter answer would have been:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-finding-applications.html

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7--