Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 22:16:55 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
Cc:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>, dg@root.com, Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trap type 29 on P6

In message <199705200409.MAA28246@spinner.DIALix.COM> Peter Wemm writes:
: We do to, we log it as a 'stray irq' - and have done this for quite some
: time - right back to FreeBSD 2.0.5 as far as I can tell, possibly further.

FreeBSD 1.0 GAMMA used to generate a stray irq7 for me the first time
I hit the shift key after rebooting, and sometimes when I hit a
keyboard key after that....  It got worse in 1.1R, but much much
better in 1.1.5.1 or 2.0.5.  I think that 2.0 or 2.0.5 introduced the
concept of I've logged too many of these, I'm quitting now, but I
could be mistaken.

Warner