Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:17:23 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Roman Kurakin <rik@inse.ru>
Cc:        rik@FreeBSD.org, ports@freebsd.org, pav@FreeBSD.org, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/102499: lftp asc file checksum mismatch

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 12:55:09AM +0300, Roman Kurakin wrote:
> I am crossposting this to both bugs@ and ports@ so all who will join this
> discussion keep this in mind if you'll reply.
>=20
> Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> >So, what's the status on this one? My opinion is that the whole ticket
> >is bogus and should be closed.
> > =20
> No, it shouldn't. Sorry I didn't have enough time to investigate the=20
> problem further,
> but it is a real pain for port distribution. IIRC the point I've reached=
=20
> was:
> all software works correctly. All files correct but port can't be build. =
The
> reason that default behaviors are not the same on all levels and conversi=
on
> of new line from single char to double could occur. The solution is to
> request text file as binary than all layers will bypass it without
> modifications or to convert newline explicitly for all text files before
> computation of checksum to the one default value (I guess to single-char
> variant).
>=20
> So the problem not in the port itself but in the set of conditions. And=
=20
> probably
> this bug report should be reopened with other description.

I didnt see earlier mails in the thread, but I assume the problem is
that lftp gets a corrupted distfile when fetching through a squid
proxy.  This is because in the default configuration squid fetches all
plain text files in ftp ascii mode, which does CR/LF translation and
botches up the checksum.

IMO this is a bug in the squid configuration.

Kris

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx--