Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:48:42 -0500
From:      "Ken Menzel" <kenm@icarz.com>
To:        "Keith Woodworth" <kwoody@citytel.net>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Server Hardware.

Hi Keith,
   I would recommend FBSD 4.x for production and also if you are not
yet familiar with FreeBSD.  This is really a freebsd-questions topic.

Hardware info:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html#AEN33

We use mostly Adaptec with raidutil from ports collection:
Adaptec 2100S/32x0S/34x0S SCSI RAID controllers ( asr(4) driver)

Ken