Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 1995 21:53:26 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        jmrueda@diatel.upm.es (Javier Martin Rueda)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: motherboards with parity?

It seems that Javier Martin Rueda said:
> I'm planning to buy an ASUS PCI/I-P54NP4D motherboard (dual Pentium)

> Anyhow, that motherboard uses the Neptune chipset, and I will put at
> least a couple of PCI cards in it (SCSI and Ethernet).

The real problem is that Neptune  can handle reliably only *two* bus-master
devices. With one SCSI card and one Ethernet, you should be ok. Add a third
one and you lose.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #0: Sat Oct 14 19:05:10 MET 1995