Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 2004 23:26:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        hoe-waa@hawaii.rr.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions LIST <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Microsoft Cordless Optical Mouse and 5.2

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 hoe-waa@hawaii.rr.com wrote:
> I have the exact same mouse working on 5.2.1 - Here is the section from
> XF86Config
> Section "InputDevice"
>        Identifier  "Mouse0"
>        Driver      "mouse"
>        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>        Option      "ZaxisMapping"      "4 5"
> EndSection

I need this mouse to work in the console (mode); Tackling one thing at a
time, XFree86 is next.

> In /etc/rc.conf I have the line
> moused_enable="YES"
> I am using the adapter that came with the mouse and it is plugged into
> the PS2 port.

Same here.

> I find that the mouse is responsive and I really like the feel. Now if
> only MS could do something with software..... Good Luck
> Robert

Thanks, I'll need it.  When I used to run FreeBSD 4.6.2, my Canon CanoScan
scanner was not supported.  Now I hear that it is under 5.2 but my M$ft
cordless optical mouse is not (out of the box and into USB that is...)

Ppplllplplppplplppppp!

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services