Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 1996 00:43:47 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, current@freebsd.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Subject:   Re: routed delete my PPP default: how to fight it? (THE REASON FOUND!)

> > > It was what I do. It seems that PPP send routed brodcasts.
> >
> > Well, having checked the sources, I have to say that unless it cons' code
> > up out of nowhere when it runs, there doesn't appear to be _any_ UDP
> > code, routed-aware or not in iijppp.
>
> Umm, I know there is some IP code being sent out in iijppp, but it's not
> necessary.  It might be interpreted as 'UDP' code.
>
>     if ((routes = socket(PF_ROUTE, SOCK_RAW, AF_INET)) < 0) {
>         logprintf("sifproxyarp: opening routing socket: \n");
>         return 0;
>     }

It seems that I found the reason:
when I comment out this line in my ppp.conf

# add 0 0 194.58.227.1

I don't have those 'router' service messages anymore!
So, it is DEFINITELY iij-ppp who produce this UDP router requests.

But... I forced to manually enter 'route add default ...' in this case. :-(
I don't understand well socket code, is there any chance to fix PPP?
Any ideas?

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -