Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:43:23 +0200
From:      Stephan Untrieser <stephan.untrieser@gmx.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD (4.0) and AMD CPUs

Hi,

since when FreeBSD supports Athlon/Duron CPU (integrated 2nd level
cache)?
I'm using an `germanized´ Distribution based uppon FreeBSD 4.0
("Lehmanns CD-ROM Edition", perhaps you know)

booting with an earlier installation (on a K6/233 - quite old now)
stopped with panic: cpu class not supported (or something like that - i
wouldn't provoke it any more because CtrlAltDel doesn't work in this
state an the reset button is `far away´ ...).

Booting from CD 01 also resulted in "System halted" message after few
init steps (I think that was my bootloader and the first breath of the
FreeBSD loader, shortly after the point "press Enter to boot immediatly"
... `or enjoy with FORTH´ [ ;) ])

May be there is a patch fix this with 4.0 or I have to upgrade to 4.2 or
so, please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards
Stephan Untrieser