Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:26:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD bootup problems

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Doug White wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Vincent Poy wrote:
>
> > 	Today, when I did a shutdown and tried to reboot the machine,
> > instead of the bootstrap coming up, it just said Read error, any ideas on
> > what the problem is and how I can fix it?  Thanks.
>
> Can you be more specific, ie where exactly it fails?  Can you boot with a
> boot floppy OK? How about '?' at the Boot: prompt, does that show any
> files?

	Floppies will always work, I meant the HD.  Normally, it would
have that bootstrap where it would allow you to boot with options but the
only thing that comes up is Read error and no message even before the
brief pause normally.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]