Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 14:35:41 -0700
From:      James Bucanek <subscriber@gloaming.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   R Port or build instructions for mod_jk 3.2.3?

Newbie post:

Is there a binary port of mod_jk (from jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3) that has
been compiled with EAPI?

--

I'm desperately looking for a port of mod_jk (jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3)
for FreeBSD 4.1 & Apache 1.3.12 *or* instructions on how to

The port (at <http://www.freebsd.org/ports/www.html>) looks just
fine, but my installation of Apache is compiled with SSL, so I get
the following warning:

[Sun Sep 23 14:05:53 2001] [warn] Loaded DSO
mod_jk-3.2.3/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this
module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

I have tried numerous times to build mod_jk from the source
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.3/src/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3-src.tar.gz>.

I have used 'make -f Makefile.freebsd all' (as none of the build
instructions in the mod_jk documentation jive with any of the files).

The resulting mod_jk module fails to load:

Cannot load native/apache1.3/mod_jk.so into server:
native/apache1.3/mod_jk.so: Undefined symbol "map_name_at"

I have found numerous posts and messages on the Internet from
individuals that have reported the same problem.  Most replies
indicate that the problem is in Makefile.freebsd, but after trying
all suggested changes I still can't build a usable module.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

James