Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:28:50 -0400
From:      "Matt Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Andre Oppermann" <andre@freebsd.org>, "Bruce M Simpson" <bms@spc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing T/TCP and replacing it with something simpler

> Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 04:33:17PM +0200, Andre Oppermann wrote:
> > > Thus after the removal of T/TCP for the reasons above I want to
provide
> > > a work-alike replacement for T/TCP's functionality:
> >
> > I disagree. I think the time spent here would be better spent on working
> > on an import of SCTP into the kernel, perhaps the KAME code base would
> > be a good starting point.
>
> Is the SCTP in KAME complete and stable?  Are there any other (open
source)
> implementations of it?

The SCTP home page (www.sctp.org) has a list of implementations.  Note that
I had to use Google's cache of the site -- I believe there was a Slashdot
article on SCTP this morning which may have taken down the site.

AIX, Solaris, HP and Cisco all support SCTP in their latest OS versions.
There are aslo a few different (non-free) implementations for Windows, and
at least one open-source implementation for Linux (http://www.openss7.org)

--
Matt Emmerton