Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 11:32:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   UNIX on the Desktop (was: Re: Why no Indians and Arabs?)

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> Because I consider UNIX to be useful as a server.  I don't see any place for
> UNIX on the desktop, except as a geek curosity, and so I don't worry about
> that; but its utility as a server is well established, and that is what
> interests me.

i don't really have a response. i have *several* desktop UNIX
workstations, ranging from OpenBSD/sparc to FreeBSD 4.5, and
FreeBSD-CURRENT. it's.. enlightening to think that anyone would say that
UNIX is not appropriate for the desktop, when it works so well for it - at
least, for what i do.

i'm curious, why would you say it doesn't work well?

no flame intended, i'm just wondering.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
    "John Ashcroft is really just the reanimated corpse
         of J. Edgar Hoover." -- Tim Triche