Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2006 02:55:38 GMT
From:      Charles Ulrich<charles@bityard.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/106401: add GLLUG to usergroups.html

>Number:         106401
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       add GLLUG to usergroups.html
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The User Groups page says to file a PR for groups which should appear on the page. I'd like to submit the Greater Lansing Linux User Group for consideration. We don't have FreeBSD or Unix in our name because the founders of the group (who are no longer active members) only had exposure to Linux. However, we've grown a lot since then and give equal time to all forms of open source and free software. Without further ado:

   1. A URL for the user group's website.

http://gllug.org

   2. An email contact address of a human in charge, for use by our visitors and website administrators.

charles@bityard.net

   3. A short (one paragraph) description of the user group.

GLLUG is an organization for users of Linux, FreeBSD, and associated free software in Lansing, Michigan (USA) and the surrounding area. As with the organization at large, the weekly meetings are very informal. We talk about what we've been working on for the last few weeks and catch each other up with what's going on. Often there is an official topic proposed ahead of time on the mailing list, but sometimes we just discuss what's on our minds.