Date:      Mon, 5 May 2003 18:03:44 +0200
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems recording sound from line input

I'm having trouble recording sound from the line in on my SB 16. I'm using
the sbc(4) bridge driver and pcm(4).

When I record from /dev/dsp at 22050Hz, 16 bit, sterio, all is fine, but as
soon as I record 44100Hz or 48000Hz, none of the recording tools I have
tried give me anything, and most of them crash within a few seconds, and
logs fill up with:

pcm0:record:0: record interrupt timeout, channel dead

Does the bridge driver and/or pcm not support 44.1kHz or 48kHz, or am I
doing something wrong?

Will
--
Willie Viljoen