Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 1995 02:15:24 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        jmacd@freefall.cdrom.com (Joshua Peck Macdonald), freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What people are doing with FBSD

>>> Thomas Gellekum said:
 > Joshua Peck Macdonald wrote:
 > > It would be
 > > really cool to have a Java port, but I don't think I have enough
 > > system-level experience to contribute anything but encouragement
 > > to a porting effort.
 >
 > I have never seen the question actually answered:  is anyone working
 > on a port?  What kind of experience is required (if _you_ say you
 > don't have enough system-level experience I probably shouldn't be
 > asking this)?
 >
 > tg

A quick search showed that there is a Linux mailing list and an Ftp site
for the linux work. substance.blackdown.org:/pub/Java/linux

There was a reference to Nat Williams for porting the Sun-style Makefiles
to gnu-style Makefiles. So I am wondering if anyone out there
is holding back info on the current java port for FreeBSD :)

	Amancio