Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:08:15 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: groups, using "www" as "kline"

On Jul 21, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	is there a way of modifing etcgroup to let me edit files
> 	chown'd www:kline as kline?  after all, i am in the wheel
> 	and operator group.

Presuming you are in the kline group also, and that the files are
group-writable, you should be fine.

On a fair number of sites I know of, there is a "webadmin" or
"wwwadmin" group setup which the users who should change webserver
resources are part of; but the apache www user is not a member of
this, so it can't change those files itself.

Regards,
--
-Chuck