Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 2009 04:44:01 -0800
From:      Randi Harper <sektie@freebsdgirl.com>
To:        "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A theory on why microsoft makes such crappy stuff after all these years

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 3:42 AM, Aryeh M. Friedman
<aryeh.friedman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Microsoft making crappy products is really a conspiracy. =A0 The actually=
 know
> how to make good stuff but don't for the following reasons (only the firs=
> on is a new observation likely):
>
> =A0 * If they didn't have any bugs then people would think the program wa=
> counterfeit
> =A0 * Force people to upgrade hardware and software more often
> =A0 * Forcing a person to be certified expert to just know how to save
> documents

Unproductive. Seriously? You want to talk about how Microsoft sucks?
Nothing you've said is original or even entertaining.

1.) What the hell? Are you smoking something? I don't even know how to
respond to that other than: clearly you think FreeBSD has no bugs.
Awesome.

2.) Yeah. Because I can totally run KDE 4 on my AMD K6-2. mysql with
sizable databases runs like a fiend on 256MB of RAM. With more complex
software comes the need for better hardware. Next you're going to say
that the gaming industry is a conspiracy. We should have just stuck
with DOOM because everything else requires a better video card.

3.) Hint: It's the save option in the file menu. In vi, it's :w. Which
of these is less intuitive?

Did you just discover UNIX or something? Power to you for your
enthusiasm, but bashing other operating systems with uninformed
opinions just makes you look dumb.

Still laughing about #1.

-- randi