Date:      18 Feb 2003 16:27:21 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: gtk-sharp broken

--=-Wqe5mskSV+CW3HTGs6cV

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 15:57, Juli Mallett wrote:
> * De: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> [ Data: 2003-02-18 ]
> 	[ Subjecte: gtk-sharp broken ]
> > http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest/gtk-sharp-0.7_1.log
> >=20
> > It's possible this error is related to building in a jail (but I'd
> > still like to understand it better).
>=20
> I'd like to understand it better, too.  Unfortunately, I don't :/  Is the=
re
> anything else exotic about the Bento build environment which might tickle
> such a bug?  I've yet to see a user complain, and I know I've pointed a
> number of people to said port, who explicitly had no problem :(

In looking at mono's code, it requires shared memory to create a UNIX
daemon socket for compiling.  At some point, the socket file descriptor
gets closed or invalidated (it looks like).  It might be interesting to
add:

MAKE_ENV=3D	MONO_DISABLE_SHM=3D1

to gtk-sharp's Makefile, and see if the problem persists.

Joe

>=20
> Ugh,
> juli.