Date:      27 Jun 2002 19:02:25 -0000
From:      believers_hope Moderator <believers_hope-owner@yahoogroups.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   File - Posting Etiquette.txt

NOTICE TO ALL NEW FAMILY MEMBERS - TO BE HELPFUL

POSTING ETTIQUETE

Believers Hope Online is not a typical Internet email group.  It is a Holy gathering with a godly calling on the Internet.  It's purpose to bring together the hurting and lonely in Christ, and bring the Love and Power of Jesus Christ into our lives.  It is our design to make the Believers Hope Online a spiritual and joyous experience.

We have all seen what happens to many Believers in regard to the many traps of the Internet.  Even the many, so called, Christian Chat Rooms prove to be both a disappointment, and a source of temptation when we go there to seek Believing fellowship as we walk with Jesus.  We are all responsible to keep the integrity and the proper attitudes, and communications that will bring about growth in Christ, and gives glory to God in every way.  Isn't this nice.

Posting to the Family as a group must be for that purpose or our inboxes will become unmanageable, and our primary purpose, to glorify the Lord, will become lost.  We cannot let that happen.

We shall limit comments on Inspirational Messages to one per week.  So please consider before posting.  Prayer requests and testimonies are to be posted to our family's Discussion Board found at http://www.believershope.com/discus.  This Board can be found on our family's Web Site, which is up for your convenience and use.

It is completely outside group policy to use our membership to establish or build other groups or lists of any kind on Yahoo Groups or outside ministries anywhere else or use our membership roles for business purposes.  We have promised our membership this would not happen.

I would like to release all the wonderful posts we receive each day, but I know if I do we would lose many of our members who will find the large number of posts in their email each day just way too much.  I agree that it is too much.  I also do not wish to edit or decide whose post should be released or whose should not.  It just isn't right for me to judge such a thing and I don't wish to.

The Solution:

It is now requested that members become familiar with our Believers Hope Discussion Board http://www.believershope.com/discus.

This is a remarkable and wonderful place for many of our comments, testimonies, and most certainly Pray Requests.  This Board has been fully functional for few months now and is extremely active.  Our prayer warriors visit the site daily to join with all who desire prayer in their lives.

This is also a great place to come to know one another and then make Pen Pal friends with whom we can each relate and then communicate privately through e-mail, Instant Messenger, or even Yahoo Messenger with Voice/Cam/Chat capabilities that many of us are already using.

I will keep all of you informed of any other changes due to the large number of members we now have, but the use of our now fully functional Discussion Board is an important one for now.

We are even now considering how we may continue to post to the group without overloading all our email boxes.  Your suggestions will most certainly be welcome.  In regard to this let us not send those "forwards" that also fill up our inboxes.

It is right to privately Pen Pal with one another, but we should not "spiritually Spam" one another.  Let me explain:

Let us not add member's names to address books for the purpose of sending any unsolicited emails.  This includes those emails we often see forwarded from others who found something interesting or nice in them.  These email clutter inboxes and are often duplicated.  Our members have been promised this would not happen in our fellowship.  Please help us to protect our work in the Lord.

All public posting should be for instruction, praise, worship, testimony, and prayer of great import only as led by the Holy Spirit. All posts should be prayerfully well thought out and considered before being sent.  If the spirit still says -yes- then go ahead, and be ready for some loving correction if it is needed.

Requests for divorce advice, site suggestions, favorite things, etc, are all for "PRIVATE" email only, and then, only with the approval of the recipients.

Sending mail received as a "forward" with those long list of names on them where one has to scroll indefinitely reading names and addresses we have no interest in till we get to the story or message are simply forbidden here.

They are truly unsightly, where ugly may be a better word and the product of laziness.

Seeking money from members for any reason will be considered an unacceptable breach of membership, and destructive to our unity.  With over nineteen hundred members could you just imagine just a small percentage asking for funds, even for ministries?  It would destroy our fellowship in a blink of an eye.

Posting two or three line bible scripture is not helpful at all.  It is a form of preaching and not our way here.  Personal experience with Christ and sharing our experience, strength, and hope in a transparent fashion for all to be encouraged and even taught by our personal experience is what we need and are looking for on our Discussion Board.  We have an opportunity to be a witness, not preachers.

Nothing can be more encouraging or helpful to another believer than to hear personal testimonies they can relate to in regards to difficulties and victories in our daily walk on the road to Glory with the Lord.  Posting as the spirit leads will always bring an active and fruitful ministry, posting according to the flesh will bring dead works and distract spiritually minded members from their primary purpose, which is to walk, not just talk, with Jesus.

Frequency of posts is also something those posting need to consider. We are limiting members posting of comments and testimonies to one per week.  Posting to the Discussion Board http://www.believershope.com/discus is limited only as the spirit leads.  This would be one way to show consideration for fellow family members and the group as a whole.

We are now over two thousand members strong and growing everyday.  Imagine, if you will, just a small percentage posting non-purposed little tidbits and interesting information, or requests that are not spiritual in nature to the family.  We would all have unmanageable inboxes, and probably lose half our membership, and rightly so.  Let us be prayerful, thoughtful, and unselfish in our posting to the group.  Help protect what we have been so generously given by God, and be considerate of one another in the love of Christ.

Should you have a question in your heart about posting something to the family, feel free to send your post to me for my suggestion in the matter.  I would be happy to help you enjoy your Believers Hope experience, and make it all that it could be.

We speak to the members of our group who desire an active email experience through posting.  We ask that you post your testimony in detail, which permit others to discern you're genuine spirit, and then wait to see how we operate before posting again.  It is through private pen pal ministry and relationships that we do most of our communicating between one another.

This notice will post once every month for the sake of newcomers, and the preservation of the fellowship.

Anyone having any further questions pertaining to posting etiquette please feel free to write me at: mailto:barry@believershope.com.

Thank you very much, and may God bless us all.

Your Believers Hope Online Family