Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:41:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Matt Lancereau <matt@bsdfly.org>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Cc:        des@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xfce4 port update to 4.1.90 (4.2-BETA1)

Hi Oliver,

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
>> Well, after the second patch, all was p00f, so I've reinstalled all but
>> it was still bitching, the prob was xfce-settings-show, the bug was
>> fixed after the BETA1 release, here is the patch,
>> http://www.bsdfly.org/xfce4-fm.diff .
>
> Ok, I added it localy (no new patch online). I installed xfce4.2 at home,
> on my CURRENT test box and i played a bit with it... ooked ok.
> Actually I'm running once more my "install every needed port on new
> workstations"-script which installes dozens of ports using distcc and so
> on. That can take 3 or 4 days (PII333) So I can't really try anything for
> now....
>
>> After all, I've still have some prob, ie, sometimes the right click
>> isn't available anymore, but I'm looking other than code cause since
>> there's no just ~/.xfce4 but ~/.cache ~/.config and ~/.xfce4 , there
>
> Iirc ~/.xfce4 isn't in use any longer. I don't think ~/.xfce4 can be
> converted to ~/.config. (But I'm not shure)

~/.xfce4 is still in use yet, auto-created when you start xfce4, and use
by some pluggin, like xfce4-weather.

>> Oh, and you have to rm -fr files/ too
>
> Yes... my fault... I should disable my local automatic cvs updates for now
> (rm file ; cvs update -> file back because it was not deleted in cvs)

no prob :)

>> think it would be great to use the FreeBSD splash than Benedikt Meurer
>> made some month ago, fetchable from
>> http://www.themedepot.org/itemdetail.php4?id=1518 .
>
> What about an extra port? What about sth. like mplayer-skins provide? A
> port with many themese in it and you can select what to install? Just an
> idea...
sound good here, even if there are no many many splash theme :) The new
splash engine is very different and the BSD splash from benny is jsut a
replacement of the Balou theme, I will just take a look on how all that
stuff work.

Matt,