Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 16:57:46 -0600
From:      "Tyson Trebesch" <tysont@montana.edu>
To:        <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Is Adaptec 2930 a typo?

To whom it may normally concern,

I see in your hardware compatibility listing here:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html#INSTALL-HW

that there is an entry for the Adaptec 2930UW PCI SCSI controller.  I happen
to have one, and was delighted to see that it was supported.

Unfortunately, I here tell that there is no support for that card, and that
the handbook mention was a typo.  Is that correct?

(I have had zero luck getting my 2930 to show up in FreeBSD 3.2 after making
a kernel for a 2940 because, oddly, there was no controller entry in LINT
for my 2930.  I assumed it was supposed to use the 2940 driver).

Tyson N. Trebesch
BTC Intern
Junior, CS -- MSU Bozeman
tomcat@avicom.net   http://btc.montana.edu