Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2019 15:30:18 +0100
From:      Jason de Cordoba <jasondecordoba@gmail.com>
To:        perl@freebsd.org
Cc:        tijl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: lang/p5-Scalar-List-Utils, converters/p5-Text-Unidecode, devel/autoconf

thanks for your patience,
I fixed it by in desperation working the other side of the issue running
pkg install perl5-5.28
which returned to my surprise

Installed packages to be REINSTALLED:

perl5-5.28.1 (ABI changed: 'freebsd:11:x86:64' -> 'freebsd:12:x86:64')

I assume indicating that even running portmaster -af partially builds
things with things built on different ABIs...

gah!

Have a great weekend!

Jason