Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 20:52:30 -0700
From:      Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@seattleFenix.net>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: How to enable scrollwheel mouse?

* Peter Leftwich (Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com) [020809 20:38]:
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, John Bleichert wrote:
> > On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> > > Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:06:46 -0400 (EDT)
> > > From: Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
> > > To: John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
> > > Cc: FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> > > Subject: Re: How to enable scrollwheel mouse?

> > > "YMMV?"  I have the same mouse (Logitech Cordless Wheel Mouse).  How did
> > > you get it to work with XFree86?  Do you know if it works with KDE's
> > > Konqueror 2.2.2 browser perchance?
>
> I still don't know what the acronym YMMV is for.

Your Mileage May Vary.

cd /usr/ports/games/wtf; make all install distclean;

wtf(6)

NAME
     wtf - translates acronyms for you

SYNOPSIS
     wtf [is] acronym ...

> > The XFree86 setup provided by everybody else so far worked fine for me,
> > specifically the
> >         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>
> And my "5 button" mouse still isn't wheel enabled.  Any other fixes, people?

This isn't a fix. This is how it gets configured. You might want to take a
look at why KDE isn't properly responding to the wheel. After you've set up X
to use the wheel, test it using non-KDE applications such as aterm, XMMS, or
Mozilla.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/x.html#AEN3767

--
Benjamin Krueger

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)