Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 1995 22:16:38 -0800
From:      Joshua Peck Macdonald <jmacd>
To:        ports
Subject:   bsd.port.mk

I've been having trouble getting bsd.port.mk to work when
supplying an alternate DISTDIR, for example:

thud-mit-scheme % make "DISTDIR = ../.."
Checksums OK.
===>  Extracting for mit-scheme
tar: can't open archive ../../scheme-microcode+dist-7.3-freebsd.tgz : No such file or directory
tar: child returned status 3
===>  Applying patches for mit-scheme
patch: **** can't cd to /home/jmacd/mit-scheme/mit-scheme/work/mit-scheme: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.

As indicated by its passing the md5 test, it does in fact find the
file in the DISTDIR, but tar thinks it doesn't work.  This happens
on thud, freefall, and on a /usr/share/mk tree out of the 950322
snapshot.  I thought it was something dumb I was doing(I've been
gettings things wrong today) but I'm sure I remember this working
before.

So... does anyone know what's happening?

-josh