Date:      Sun, 09 Mar 1997 07:00:15 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Restoring the CTM feeds -- update

> BTW, if freefall does not accept all users, I think it should
> not carry the flagship name.
> IMHO, cvsup.freebsd.org SHOULD be the fastest, best connected, system
> willing to take all. If freefall is restricted, give it another name
> like CVSup.Root.FreeBSD.Org

[jkh slaps Richard around for awhile, points him at the man page for
 nslookup(8) and motions that he write "I promise not to write indignant
 emails without being even halfway sure of my facts first." 100 times
 on the freebsd blackboard ]

nslookup cvsup.freebsd.org
Server:  who.cdrom.com
Address:  204.216.27.3

Name:    admin1.calweb.com
Address:  207.211.80.15
Aliases:  cvsup.freebsd.org

All of this is already true.  freefall does not carry "the flagship
name", has not for some time, and the P6/200 system listed above is
generally everything one could ask of a site in terms of "taking all"
and having lots of bandwidth and speed.

Unfortunately, it's also sick at the moment and we're trying to bring
it back right now.  Things happen, and if we swapped the DNS around
every time a machine had an attack of the wobblies then David would
quickly abdicate as freebsd.org hostmaster.  We just didn't expect the
resurrection of admin1 to take this long, OK?  Hold your water, Rich! :)

						Jordan