Date:      Thu, 07 May 1998 23:40:29 +0200
From:      Sune Stjerneby <stjerneby@usa.net>
To:        Stuart Krivis <stuart@apk.net>
Cc:        Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and OpenBSD -- differences?

Stuart Krivis wrote:

> On Tue, 5 May 1998, Jay Nelson wrote:
>
> > There appears to be a lot of cooperation between FreeBSD and OpenBSD
> > which benefits us all. I hope that continues and doesn't degenerate
> > into the Linux vs. FreeBSD fiasco. The OpenBSD people have done a good
> > job despite the smoke and steam. We should encourage and cooperate.
>
> The only drawback is thatI have not been able to find inexpensive OpenBSD
> CDs like are available for FreeBSD.

Hmm, I got my OpenBSD 2.2 two-disc set free of charge (no shipping
charges either) from a German vendor - He stated that he couldn't make
profit of them anyway. That's inexpensive for ya. But of course, the
distribution is nowhere near as widespread as other 4.4BSD derivees or
Linux, even.

Otherwise, there's NetBSD on the two-disc BSDisc set from InfoMagic
(with FreeBSD also). One can only hope that this set will someday
include all three freely available 4.4BSD derivees.

--
//bwulf - Sune Stjerneby <stjerneby@usa.net>
  -- "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."